So, here is another recipe I have for the asparagus I have to share!
Asparagus is the last vegetable I eat with my fish meal in the evenings every day, I like all my veggies crunchy.
Here's what the recipe calls for:
1 bunch of asparagus
2-3 garlic cloves, minced
black pepper, to taste
Salt, sea salt or pink himalayan salt
PAM cooking spray
For cooking the asparagus, I happened to pick up two 8 inch cast iron skillets from Target (SCORE!).
1. Preheat Oven to 350 degrees.
2. Cut one inch from the ends and toss those. Then cut into about 4 sections.
3. Spray the skillet with Pam cooking spray (or you can brush olive oil on the skillet). Spray cooking spray on the asparagus.
4. Add the asparagus, then season with the garlic, black pepper, and salt
5. Place in oven for fifteen to twenty five minutes (or longer for softer asparagus)
Note: if you are eating less healthy, sprinkle some shredded parmesan cheese and go to town.
An alternate to fresh garlic (what!), you can use garlic powder or onion powder. I really like this side dish. You can have this as a side for Easter Dinner, just a suggestion.
Make it and let me know in the comments!!
I missed the picture (sorry)!!!!